The PAC is organized to aid and support academic success for all students. The PAC acts as a liaison between parents/guardians and administrators for the purpose of understanding and extending the educational goals of the school. The PAC will strive to lessen the burden of the Government by providing funds and support to all students at Tewksbury Memorial High School.
- To allow all interested people to become actively involved with their school and express their ideas and suggestions.
- To provide the students of the school with extra materials and programs to enrich learning and help to provide an experience that promotes academic excellence.
- To support the Mission Statement of Tewksbury Memorial High School: To educate and challenge all learners in the Tewksbury Public School Community while supporting their development as well prepared and productive members of a diverse global society.
What We Do
- Host monthly evening meetings
- Publish a weekly e-mail of PAC and school related activities
- Respond to questions sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maintain Friends of Tewksbury Memorial High School PAC Facebook Group
- Organize Annual Community Service Event
- Host Teacher/Staff Luncheon and breakfast
- All Night Long – An overnight party held for the new TMHS graduates on their graduation night. The All Night Long party begins at 10:00 pm on graduation night, and ends at 5:00 am the next morning. This fully chaperoned, substance-free party spans the gym, cafeteria, auditorium and hallways of the Wynn Middle School. Volunteers work all day to transform the school into various themed areas.
In lieu of traditional school fundraising, we host the following fundraising events:
- Applefest – Craft Fair held at TMHS in October
- Trivia Night – Adult Teamwork Trivia held at Tewksbury County Club in March
- Calendar Raffle in April
The fundraising events provide funds for various activities and programs that directly benefit the students at TMHS, as well as purchasing “wish list” items/materials requested by teachers/administration that are not covered in the school budget. These activities/programs include:
- Scholarships for Graduating Seniors
- All Night Long Graduation Party
- Lessons and Rentals for Adaptive Ski Club
Over the years, we have been fortunate enough to provide the following to TMHS:
- Engraved Benches on School Grounds
- Class Gifts to Help Reduce Costs of Senior Week Activities
- School Banners
- Microphones for Auditorium
- Library Books
- Art Easels
- T-Shirts for Robotics Club Regional Competition
Benefits Of Being Involved
- Advocacy for Parents and Students
- Support to TMHS Teachers and Administration
- Link to School and PAC Activities and Opportunities to Volunteer
- Way to Leverage Contributions to Help Causes at TMHS
- Being an Active Part of Your Child’s Educational Experience at TMHS
How You Can Get Involved
- Sign Up to Receive PAC e-mails
- Send e-mail with “Add Me” in subject line to email@example.com
- Attend and Participate in PAC sponsored events
- Stay Informed by Using the PAC Website and Friends of TMHS PAC Facebook Group
- Attend PAC Meetings When You Can
- Offer Suggestions
- Volunteer to Help with PAC Events and Activities
The PAC meetings are held the 4th Wednesday of the month (unless otherwise noted) at 7:00pm in the teachers’ room located on the first floor. (During COVID, all meetings are held via Zoom. Email TMHSPAC@gmail.com to request invitation to meeting.) Come join us and find out more about helping your PAC. We are always looking for fresh ideas! All are encouraged to attend the meetings, but it is not a prerequisite for sharing ideas or volunteering.
The best way to get connected is through volunteering. Volunteering comes in many forms. There are a variety of opportunities that fit all skill sets and schedules. You can volunteer as much or as little as you like. The following are the events we organize throughout the year that require volunteers:
- Trivia Night
- All Night Long
A school is only as good as the people who support it – school administrators, teachers, staff and, of course, parents and guardians. We all have a common goal… to help our children and be a part of their school experience!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you in advance for your help in making TMHS great!
Sharon Pierce, Co-Chair
Joy Beatrice, Co-Chair
Lynette Montejo, Treasurer
Christine Demers, Secretary