2020 Advanced Placement Test Information including Schedule
Click here to go to the AP Website for detailed information and to create an account.
* ATTENDANCE – Students will receive the designation of ‘SB’ from classes that occur during the AP exam. Students arriving at school immediately before an afternoon exam or leaving immediately after a morning exam will be considered ABSENT from any other classes that day.
* All AP Tests will be administered at TMHS (exams will be given in LGI-1 unless otherwise indicated) Morning exams (am) start at 8:00, afternoon exams (pm) start at noon.
* The AP Pre-administration will take place on : NO PRE-ADMIN in 2020
* 2020 AP Test fee is $94 (payment should be made through Community Pass).
note: Students verified as being on Free/Reduced Lunch will pay a discounted fee of $15 per exam. Please register for the exam through your Community Pass account and select ‘send payment’ option at checkout. Your account will be adjusted the next day. Please go back into Community Pass to make payment with a credit card or send a check in to Guidance made payable to ‘Town of Tewksbury”.
DEADLINE to pay is Wednesday, Oct 9 !!!
PAY ATTENTION!! College Board has established a much earlier deadline for payments to be made for 2020 AP exams. Any student who has not paid the full $94 by Oct 9 will remain in the class but will receive ‘honors’ credit (not ‘AP’ credit). The student’s schedule and transcript will be adjusted to reflect the new level. Please note: if you are a senior, this will affect your college applications since your schedule and transcript are sent out as part of your application package.
* AP Exam Policies can be found by clicking here, but the main ones are –
DO NOT BRING:
- ANY ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT (including cell phones, Apple watches, listening devices, recording devices) – They will NOT be allowed in the testing room and you will not be allowed to use any electronic device during breaks!!! You must leave all your electronics in your locker or in your car.
- FOOD or DRINK – They will NOT be allowed in the Testing Room. You will be given breaks in a designated area outside the testing room.
- MECHANICAL PENCILS – They are NOT allowed.
- Several #2 pencils with erasers
- 2 pens with black ink
- Up to 2 approved calculators. Please check here to find approved calculators.
AP Online Scores
- Step 1. Before taking the AP exam students should sign up for a free College Board account on the AP website.
- Step 2. During pre-administration students will enter their LASID number and e-mail address into the specified fields. Your LASID number can be found on Aspen in the field titled ‘Local Identifier’. It is also the numeric part of your google password. This number, along with your AP number, MUST be kept in a safe place as they will be your access into your account to retrieve your scores. You might want to email these numbers to yourself, put them in your phone or keep them in a safe place.
- Step 3. You will receive an email after the exam letting you know how and when to access your scores. Scores will be available in July.
2020 AP Test Schedule
Mon 5/4 (Day 7)
am : US Gov’t & Politics
pm: Physics C : Mechanics
Tue 5/5 (Day 1)
am: Calc AB
Wed 5/6 (Day 2)
am : English Literature & Composition
Thu 5/7 (Day 3)
am : Chemistry
Fri 5/8 (Day 4 )
am : US History
Mon 5/11 (Day 5)
am : Biology As of the 2018 AP Biology Exam, students may now use a four-function (with square root), scientific, or graphing calculator.
Tue 5/12 (Day 6)
am : Spanish Language & Culture
pm : Psychology
pm : Latin
Wed, 5/13 (Day 7)
am : English Language & Composition
pm : Microeconomics
Fri 5/15 (Day 2)
am : Computer Science Principles
pm : Statistics