Students at the Wynn are expected to have on average, 1 to 2 hours of homework per night. Homework is a vital part of the learning process and is factored into the grading process.
- Time is provided during each class for students to record assignments into the daily agenda books.
- It is expected that students are responsible for recording assignments in full detail.
- It is recommended that students have “homework buddies” that can be called to clarify assignments.
- Homework is not allowed to be completed in school; there may be instances where it is allowed to be started. However, students should not report that all homework was completed in school.
- It is expected that parents monitor agenda books on a daily basis to check for homework completion, long-term assignments/projects, and grades. Also, teacher will often write notes in the agenda book as a means of communication.
- A computer or internet use may be required for some assignments.
- It is strongly suggested that students practice organization skills by keeping folders/binders neat and organized.
- Test and quizzes are typically assigned many days ahead of time. In order to develop strong study skills, students should review class notes, study guides, and test reviews on daily basis.