Center Elementary Schools Parent Advisory Invitation
Welcome Parents! The Parent Advisory Council (“PAC”) of the Center Elementary School is made up of a number of voluntary, elected board members along with our principals, teachers, and the general membership. All parents or guardians of the Center School students are automatically a part of the general membership.
The PAC hosts and funds various school activities and programs that directly benefit our children and the wider community. A few social activities we have hosted are the Holiday Breakfast, Movie Night,and Ice Cream Socials. We also provide funding for various cultural and educational programs, including guest author visits, assemblies, and the purchasing of school supplies. Supported events that benefit the community include Stuff the Bus and Coats for Kids. The PAC is able to provide all this from our fundraising efforts throughout the year.
The PAC has ten (10) meetings per school year to plan and coordinate our activities. The meetings are held in the schools’ libraries alternating at each school. All are encouraged to attend the meetings, but it is not a prerequisite for sharing ideas or volunteering.
- To provide educational and social activities for the benefit of the students
- To provide funding for field trips & special school purchases
- To foster an atmosphere of community and school pride
Top 10 Reasons to Get Involved
10. Your child benefits: When parents get connected to the school, children do better.
9. Get to know the Principals and Teachers: Monthly PAC Meetings are a great way to hear from the Principals and teachers on happenings at our Schools.
8. Your child will be proud to say “my parent is helping at my school”.
7. The PAC makes a difference: We help to create learning opportunities for children and provide teachers the resources they need.
6. There’s a lot to be done: Tewksbury schools are asked to do more with less. The PAC is needed more than ever to fill in the gaps.
5. Meet new people: The PAC is filled with your neighbors and peers who share many of the same concerns and experiences. It’s a great way to meet other parents/families.
4. The PAC honors your time constraints: An hour or two a month really makes a difference. You won’t be pushed to commit more than you want to or are able to.
3. Do what you enjoy doing: There are many different ways to volunteer with the PAC. There is a position to match your skills and interest – everything from event planning to grant writing to web site management.
2. The PAC is very rewarding: Seeing a child’s smile or laughing with their friends at movie night shows that the PAC is making school more fun – and a child more comfortable in their learning environment.
1. WE NEED YOU!
Center Elementary PAC
How You Can Help
- Sign up to receive weekly PAC email blasts
- Stay Informed by using the Tewksbury school website and Friends of Center Elementary PAC Facebook GROUP page at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/865057050235514/
- Attend PAC meetings when you can; and volunteer or offer suggestions.
A school is only as good as the people who support it: school administrators, teachers, faculty, and, of course, parents, grandparents, guardians, and caregivers. We all have a common goal — to help our children and be a part of their school experience!
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Thank you in advance for your help in making the schools great!
The PAC Needs Your Help!
The PAC is fueled by the time and effort of volunteers from the general membership.
There are many ways you can help, some of which can be done from home or on your own time.
Aside from volunteering time, people also help by donating items for raffles, giving directly to the PAC, and offering new ideas or suggestions. If there is anything you can help with, please contact Anna Kaiser, Michelle Robertson, Tracey O’Brien, Molly Ginsburg, Tracy Torra, Chris Moncada, (co-chairs) Jenn Tavares (secreatary) Kate Puopolo,(Asst. treasurer) email@example.com
Opportunities to Help
The Center School Parent Advisory Council is always looking for volunteers to help run our events.
Please e-mail the co-chairs for more information.
If you cannot lead an event, there are always volunteers needed the day of an event, which vary in the level of commitment and type of task. To participate, keep an eye out for Sign-Up Genius emails from event coordinators throughout the year, watch for postings on Facebook or contact a PAC board member now to find out more.